Skip to main content

PASSION! Where and What It can get You.

John. C. Maxwell in his book ‘leadership gold’ state that ‘Passion is an incredible asset ; every person but for especially leaders. It keeps us going when others quit. It becomes contagious and influences people to follow us. It pushes us through the toughest of times and gives us energy we do not know we possessed. It fuels us in the way that talent, opportunity, knowledge and great team cannot’. Hmmm! Take a deep breath. What do you think? John Maxwell has been a leader for almost Forty years now, so he definately knows what he is talking about. I believe we are all familiar with this advice that says ‘Find something you love to do so much that you will gladly do it for nothing; then learn to do it well that people are happy and willing to pay you for it’. Trust me, that is what great people with great achievement and accomplishment have done in thier career. But then, What is Passion itself? According to english mini dictionary, Passion is any great, strong and powerful emotion especially romantic love and hate. Passion is a strong will, a zeal, a determination, what you love doing and will go extra mile to achieve. For example, my own passion is to help people and putting smiles on thier face naturally with no strings attached. I’m also passionate about books especially the ones that gets me inspired and can help me become what and who i want to become. You want to find your potential? Following your passion is the key.

Passion can get you anywhere you want to to be and it can get you whatever you want. Following your passion might seem time consuming and time wasting at first, it might also seem like you lagging behind your mate but trust me, it will make you believe things you never would have believe, make you meet people you would never have met, attempt things you would never have attempt, motivate people you would never have motivated, learn life lessons you would never have learn and in the long run, make you accomplish what you could never have accomplished.
Your passion is what drives you, what keeps you going, what makes you believe that nothing is impossible. When you feel like quitting or giving up, yourpassion is always there to give you enough reasons not to. When you pursue what you are trully and really passionate about, it makes all the difference and give you an edge over your mate. Passiin fills you with energy and desire and it also fills you with a rage to win nomatter what comes your way.
Sincerely, passion is what has been driving me, it is what has always kept me going and i strongly believe that it will surely get me where i want and what i want. The earlier we realise this, the better it is for us to realise what we are passionate about and start following it. Always remember, Passion is a real difference maker. It seperate the Extra-ordinary from the Ordinary people…….

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2016 Review: Voke Ogedegbe: 2016, My Blessings And Lessons So Far

2016 would forever become a memory in a matter of hours.  Before it rolls away, I want to talk about my year 2016. I entered 2016 oblivious of the fact it was a new year,  this,  was,  consequence of a terrible breakup I had in the October of the previous year.  The tears and pain that came with my broken relationship saw me through the first two months of the year and one morning in the month of March,  I woke up,  looked into the mirror,  told myself I was beautiful and I deserved more! I really think, the old witch in my village had dropped my picture to use another she fancied more than mine to fan her bosom and that's the only reasonable explanation as to how I received sense that morning. For the first few months of 2016, I laughed,  sometimes,  too hard. This was an attempt to mask my pain,  I put up a nice show - I should be an actress, I even deserve an Oscar. I didn't want the world to know my pain, I didn't want them to see I was weak and vulnerable,  I didn&

THE MYTH BEHIND MONEY

Money Money Money!!! Everybody just wants to make money. Sometimes I wonder if money has any other importance than to get us our basic needs and wants which are just pleasures and are perishable. The thing is, there is nothing that money gives that cannot be destroyed. So why so many of us have become slaves to money I can’t stop but wonder. Yea, money can give us respect and fame. With it, you will never have to suffer anymore. Some even see it as the means to secure their future and future generations. Yea, we can buy whatever we want with money, we can go places we want with money, we can step on any toes and we can do and undo anything we like. It has even gotten to the extent that some people can be bought over with money and this so called love we shout all about, has also gotten itself entangled in the web of money. So what are we saying? Money is good and without money, life can be frustrating and tormenting. Hmmm! But come to think of it, despite how powerful and i

WHEN WILL MEN DISCUSS YOU?

T his question was thrown to us one Sunday morning during a sermon in my church. I don’t know how others reacted to this brainstorming question but it kept me thinking all through the week. I kept asking myself the same question repeatedly on a daily basis and each time I hear people passionately discussing about the life and success of others. The moment that question came at me, I knew I was guilty and that really got me disturbed. I then realised that I really have a lot of work to do in getting to the level where people will begin to discuss my name for my challenges, failures, and achievements. Some of us are just too busy concerning ourselves with the lives of others while ours is at stake. Sometimes we get really so engrossed about some individual’s success that we follow all of their daily activities. We know when they get their new car, houses etc. This can obviously be seen in football fans. Nigerians especially are too attached with foreign clubs and footballers. They k