Skip to main content

Inspirational: #In Your Best Interest

You've always had the flair for writing,  for literature,  for books,  for arts.  You are a very brilliant person so naturally you can survive in any class you find yourself - arts,  social sciences or pure sciences. Your parents have always being proud of you cause you've always blazed the trail.  What parents wouldn't be proud???

In primary school,  you were the best student and that saw you going for every competition and winning medals upon medals. When it was time for the "standard living" play,  the doctor spot was reserved for you. "Doctors are the smartest people in the world so you are the most suitable for the spot" your teacher had told your mom.

Senior secondary school saw you sashaying effortlessly into the pure science classes,  you are a natural, just like Einstein.  you made A's with so much swags and ease.  Again your teachers,  parents, family members,  friends and village people said you can't waste your brain laidat you have to study medicine because any other cause is just waste of good brain, this is #InYourBestInterest

Today you are a medical doctor,  you can't stomach the sight of blood,  you don't have the passion to save lives even though it sounds like a really cool thing, you are simply frustrated,  you really hate the job, you are in a fix because the pay is good,  I mean really good.

Finally finding your voice and the right words,  you say to your mom,  "mom,  I'm quitting my job."  she breaks into a shrill cry and goes on and on about why your shouldn't quit,  about the embarrassment your decision would cost you,  about how she will no longer be called "mama dokita",  about how quitting your unfulfilling job isn't in your best interest,  about how every decision she's ever made was only #InYourBestInterest and Yada Yada Yada.

The truth is this,  nobody really cares about you,  your dreams or your ambitions above their personal interests.  Be them parents,  siblings,  friends,  girlfriends or enemies. Their gain maybe only the name, the pride they feel knowing there's someone who does their bidding.

Today, take charge of your life,  walk away from everything that doesn't make you happy, find your peace! 😘😘😘

Copyright
Vorkay_kelz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2016 Review: Voke Ogedegbe: 2016, My Blessings And Lessons So Far

2016 would forever become a memory in a matter of hours.  Before it rolls away, I want to talk about my year 2016. I entered 2016 oblivious of the fact it was a new year,  this,  was,  consequence of a terrible breakup I had in the October of the previous year.  The tears and pain that came with my broken relationship saw me through the first two months of the year and one morning in the month of March,  I woke up,  looked into the mirror,  told myself I was beautiful and I deserved more! I really think, the old witch in my village had dropped my picture to use another she fancied more than mine to fan her bosom and that's the only reasonable explanation as to how I received sense that morning. For the first few months of 2016, I laughed,  sometimes,  too hard. This was an attempt to mask my pain,  I put up a nice show - I should be an actress, I even deserve an Oscar. I didn't want the world to know my pain, I didn't want them to see I was weak and vulnerable,  I didn&

WHEN WILL MEN DISCUSS YOU?

T his question was thrown to us one Sunday morning during a sermon in my church. I don’t know how others reacted to this brainstorming question but it kept me thinking all through the week. I kept asking myself the same question repeatedly on a daily basis and each time I hear people passionately discussing about the life and success of others. The moment that question came at me, I knew I was guilty and that really got me disturbed. I then realised that I really have a lot of work to do in getting to the level where people will begin to discuss my name for my challenges, failures, and achievements. Some of us are just too busy concerning ourselves with the lives of others while ours is at stake. Sometimes we get really so engrossed about some individual’s success that we follow all of their daily activities. We know when they get their new car, houses etc. This can obviously be seen in football fans. Nigerians especially are too attached with foreign clubs and footballers. They k

THE MYTH BEHIND MONEY

Money Money Money!!! Everybody just wants to make money. Sometimes I wonder if money has any other importance than to get us our basic needs and wants which are just pleasures and are perishable. The thing is, there is nothing that money gives that cannot be destroyed. So why so many of us have become slaves to money I can’t stop but wonder. Yea, money can give us respect and fame. With it, you will never have to suffer anymore. Some even see it as the means to secure their future and future generations. Yea, we can buy whatever we want with money, we can go places we want with money, we can step on any toes and we can do and undo anything we like. It has even gotten to the extent that some people can be bought over with money and this so called love we shout all about, has also gotten itself entangled in the web of money. So what are we saying? Money is good and without money, life can be frustrating and tormenting. Hmmm! But come to think of it, despite how powerful and i