Skip to main content

APRIL SMILING/ HAPPINESS CHALLENGE: (DAY 1)



Hi everyone, happy new month. It’s the first day of the month and today is the d-day. Today is the beginning of the April Smiling/Happiness Challenge that you’ve all been waiting for.

I’m sure some of you would be wondering what really brought about this idea of Smiling Challenge. Well, here is the gist:

Some months ago, I did some self re-evaluation and I had lot of deep thoughts. I combed through myself and realised that a lot of things were missing.  For example I used to be an addicted reader and chatter, you know. I remember my mom always complaining about my attitude of staying alone in the room when everyone else is outside gisting and receiving fresh air but she later got used to the fact that once I’m dip necked in a book or with my phone, every other thing can wait. The calibre of friends I made while growing up was based on those that enjoy my talk (I talk a lot) especially my story telling so we could talk for hours without getting bored or tired. Now I’m an Adult (abi now lol) and this Adulthood is stylishly and wickedly taking that habit from me. I can still recall that then I used to consume not less than four bulky novels in a month because I’m a fast reader. And also when it comes to talking and chatting, I used to get a very nice score but now those habits that I used to derived pleasure, happiness and fulfilment from seemed like strangers to me lately.

One other thing I noticed was the fact that I’m really finding it difficult to express cheerfulness these days obviously because of what I’m going through at present and this is really affecting me and sometimes the people around me. It’s so annoying on how I have gotten people around me used to the ‘smiling me’ which sometimes alleviates their own distress and stress coupled with the way I find it very easy to spread happiness around with my jokes and gists but only to deprive them from seeing that side of me lately. Believe me, it wasn’t intentional but I however blame myself for that. I shouldn’t have in the first place allowed whatever it is that is going on with me affect that side of me knowing that it was one of my biggest sense of fulfilment.  I have gotten a lot of comments most of which were queries as to why I’ve suddenly changed from who I used to be and I’ve been apologising and telling them that I will sort it out soon.


During one of those moody days, something suddenly struck my mind and I remembered that I read and followed a challenge on one of my favourite blog last year. And I just thought to myself ‘It wouldn’t be wrong if I do something like this on my blog too. After all, I needed it myself and I’m very sure that my readers will be glad to participate too’ (So you can call me a copycat though. I’ll accept #lols# At least I’m being sincere. #winks#). So this is what we are going to be doing:
I post what you get to do for a day here and you give me feedback on if you did it and how it went. I’m sorry, I won’t be posting on Saturdays and Sundays (have a lot on my neck). Please bear with me. But mind you, the most consistent participants get something from me at the end of the month.
Note: As earlier stated, this challenge will only run during the week days (Monday-Friday). This means that I won’t be posting on Saturdays and Sundays. Please bear with me.

So here is the task for today:

 Day 1: (Friday)
 Think about yourself for 20 minutes (Yes, yourself alone, Indulge in some write down)
Write the things that make you happy, (could be people or habits).
Make a decision to stick by most of them, if not all.

Now let’s make this a fair game, this is my own response:  Songs makes me happy. I love it especially when I sing to worship God for who He is. It makes me happy!  Another thing I realized is that I’m always very happy when I show love and it is reciprocated! And especially when I make a new friend that is more intelligent than I am (lol). So yeah guys, share yours too...let’s put a smile on our faces.

Have a lovely weekend ahead. See you on Monday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2016 Review: Voke Ogedegbe: 2016, My Blessings And Lessons So Far

2016 would forever become a memory in a matter of hours.  Before it rolls away, I want to talk about my year 2016. I entered 2016 oblivious of the fact it was a new year,  this,  was,  consequence of a terrible breakup I had in the October of the previous year.  The tears and pain that came with my broken relationship saw me through the first two months of the year and one morning in the month of March,  I woke up,  looked into the mirror,  told myself I was beautiful and I deserved more! I really think, the old witch in my village had dropped my picture to use another she fancied more than mine to fan her bosom and that's the only reasonable explanation as to how I received sense that morning. For the first few months of 2016, I laughed,  sometimes,  too hard. This was an attempt to mask my pain,  I put up a nice show - I should be an actress, I even deserve an Oscar. I didn't want the world to know my pain, I didn't want them to see I was weak and vulnerable,  I didn&

THE MYTH BEHIND MONEY

Money Money Money!!! Everybody just wants to make money. Sometimes I wonder if money has any other importance than to get us our basic needs and wants which are just pleasures and are perishable. The thing is, there is nothing that money gives that cannot be destroyed. So why so many of us have become slaves to money I can’t stop but wonder. Yea, money can give us respect and fame. With it, you will never have to suffer anymore. Some even see it as the means to secure their future and future generations. Yea, we can buy whatever we want with money, we can go places we want with money, we can step on any toes and we can do and undo anything we like. It has even gotten to the extent that some people can be bought over with money and this so called love we shout all about, has also gotten itself entangled in the web of money. So what are we saying? Money is good and without money, life can be frustrating and tormenting. Hmmm! But come to think of it, despite how powerful and i

WHEN WILL MEN DISCUSS YOU?

T his question was thrown to us one Sunday morning during a sermon in my church. I don’t know how others reacted to this brainstorming question but it kept me thinking all through the week. I kept asking myself the same question repeatedly on a daily basis and each time I hear people passionately discussing about the life and success of others. The moment that question came at me, I knew I was guilty and that really got me disturbed. I then realised that I really have a lot of work to do in getting to the level where people will begin to discuss my name for my challenges, failures, and achievements. Some of us are just too busy concerning ourselves with the lives of others while ours is at stake. Sometimes we get really so engrossed about some individual’s success that we follow all of their daily activities. We know when they get their new car, houses etc. This can obviously be seen in football fans. Nigerians especially are too attached with foreign clubs and footballers. They k